HC adjourns hearing in two FIRs against Rathore till Sept 29
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana High Court Monday
adjourned till September 29 the hearing on two fresh FIRs
filed against former DGP SPS Rathore in Ruchika molestation
case, charging him with serious offences like attempt to murder
after the CBI again sought more time to file its reply.
On July 19, the CBI had asked for more time to conduct
its probe after which Justice Sabina had adjourned hearing in
the case till today.
Rathore`s counsel wife Abha pleaded before the court that
the CBI should be directed to file the status report in the
case at the earliest, as it has already taken a long time to
complete the investigations.
However, the CBI sought more time to file its reply
following which the judge adjourned the hearing till September
The two FIRs registered by the CBI in January this year
on the basis of complaints filed by Ruchika`s father S C
Girhotra and brother Ashu accuse Rathore of committing
serious offences including attempt to murder, wrongful
confinement, giving false evidence and doctoring post-mortem
report of 14-year-old Ruchika.
Rathore`s plea for quashing of the third FIR under
Section 306 IPC (abetment to suicide) had later been referred
to a High Court division bench.
Earlier, Rathore, who has been lodged in the high security
Burail jail here since May 25, had filed another petition
seeking quashing of the third FIR stating that the issue had
been settled earlier even at the level of the Supreme Court.
The High Court is also hearing on day-to-day basis
68-year-old Rathore`s revision petition challenging his
conviction in the molestation case.
Abha had on May 26 filed the revision petition in the
High Court, a day after the sessions court here awarded him
18-month jail term for molesting budding tennis player
Ruchika Girhotra had committed suicide three years after
being molested by Rathore on August 12, 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!