HC extends interim bail of Ajay Chautala to December 3
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has extended till December 3 the interim bail granted to Ajay Singh Chautala, MLA son of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, both of whom have been convicted and sentenced in the 2000 teachers` recruitment scam case.
Justice Siddharth Mridul extended Ajay`s interim bail on health grounds.
Ajay, an Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) MLA from Dabwali constituency of Haryana, his 78-year-old father and chief of INLD and 53 others were awarded varying jail terms in the case.
Om Prakash Chautala is currently in Tihar jail after the high court and the Supreme Court refused to extend his interim bail.
On January 22, the trial court had convicted and sentenced Om Prakash Chautala and nine others, including Ajay, to 10 years jail term for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers in 2000.
Among other convicts, 44 have been sentenced to four years in jail and one was sentenced to five-year jail term.
All of them were held guilty of cheating, forgery, using fake documents as genuine, conspiracy under the IPC and for abusing their official position under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read