HC extends interim bail of Ajay Chautala to December 5
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday extended till December 5 the interim bail granted to Ajay Singh Chautala, MLA-son of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, who has been convicted and sentenced along with his father in teachers` recruitment scam case.
Justice Hima Kohli extended Ajay`s interim bail on the health grounds.
Besides Ajay, the court has also extended till December 9 the interim bail granted to Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) MLA of Haryana Sher Singh Badshami and Madan Lal Kalra both of whom are also facing varying jail term in the case.
The MLA was out on two-month interim bail granted to him on June 19 for undergoing a surgery for sinusitus. The court, while granting him bail, had directed that he will not leave the national capital without its permission. Lal was granted relief health ground in June.
Ajay, an INLD MLA from Dabwali constituency of Haryana, his 78-year-old father and chief of INLD and 53 others were awarded varying jail terms in the case.
Om Prakash Chautala is currently in Tihar jail after the high court and the Supreme Court refused to extend his interim bail.
On January 22, the sessions court had convicted and sentenced Om Prakash Chautala and nine others, including Ajay, to 10 years jail term for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers in the year 2000.
Among other convicts, 44 have been sentenced to four years in jail and one was sentenced to five-year jail term.
All of them were held guilty of cheating, forgery, using fake documents as genuine, conspiracy under IPC and for abusing their official position under Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal