HC refuses to stay trial court proceedings against Sajjan
Rewari: Enraged over inadequate supply of power and water, people in Rewari and Hisar districts of Haryana on Tuesday hit the streets blocking traffic and targeting offices of the electricity department.
A large number of women, residents of Nathera village, blocked traffic on Kosli-Rewari road and staged a protest at the power house in Kosli.
The protesters barged into the office of the Assistant General Manager and demanded adequate power supply, police said.
In Hansi, locals manhandled an official of the water department alleging poor water supply in the area.
A case was registered against 30 people in this connection, police said.
Prabhuwala village residents staged a demonstration at Uklana and damaged windows of an office of the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam, police said.
They also blocked traffic on Chandigarh-Hisar road.
Residents of Surehli village held a demonstration at the power house in Jharoda village near Kosli.
Residents of Khedar village, where the Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Plant is located, blocked the highway demanding adequate supply of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites