HC refuses to stay trial court proceedings against Sajjan
Rewari: Enraged over inadequate supply of power and water, people in Rewari and Hisar districts of Haryana on Tuesday hit the streets blocking traffic and targeting offices of the electricity department.
A large number of women, residents of Nathera village, blocked traffic on Kosli-Rewari road and staged a protest at the power house in Kosli.
The protesters barged into the office of the Assistant General Manager and demanded adequate power supply, police said.
In Hansi, locals manhandled an official of the water department alleging poor water supply in the area.
A case was registered against 30 people in this connection, police said.
Prabhuwala village residents staged a demonstration at Uklana and damaged windows of an office of the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam, police said.
They also blocked traffic on Chandigarh-Hisar road.
Residents of Surehli village held a demonstration at the power house in Jharoda village near Kosli.
Residents of Khedar village, where the Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Plant is located, blocked the highway demanding adequate supply of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees