HC to hear two fresh FIRs against Rathore Monday
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court will take up tomorrow the hearing on two fresh FIRs
filed against former DGP SPS Rathore in Ruchika molestation
case charging him with serious offences like attempt to murder
and doctoring the post-mortem report of the teenager.
On April 5, High Court Judge Justice Sabina had adjourned
hearing in the case till July 19 after the CBI had sought more
time to conduct the probe.
The two FIRs registered by the CBI in January this year
on the basis of complaints filed by Ruchika`s father S C
Girhotra and brother Ashu, accuse Rathore of committing
serious offences including attempt to murder, wrongful
confinement, giving false evidence and doctoring post-mortem
report of the teenaged girl.
Rathore`s plea for quashing of the third FIR under
section 306 IPC (abetment to suicide) had later been referred
to a High Court division bench.
Earlier, Rathore had filed a third petition seeking
quashing of the third FIR stating that the issue had been
settled earlier even at the level of the Supreme Court.
Meanwhile, Justice Jitendra Chauhan of the High Court
will also resume tomorrow hearing on a day-to-day basis the
68-year-old Rathore`s revision petition challenging his
conviction in the molestation case.
Rathore`s lawyer wife Abha had on May 26 filed the
revision petition in the High Court on his behalf for
suspension of sentence and grant of bail to the former Haryana
DGP, a day after the Sessions Court here awarded him 18-month
jail term for molesting budding tennis player Ruchika.
Rathore has been lodged in the high security Burail jail
here since May 25.
Ruchika Girhotra had committed suicide three years after
being molested by Rathore on August 12, 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown