HC to hear two fresh FIRs against Rathore Monday
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court will take up tomorrow the hearing on two fresh FIRs
filed against former DGP SPS Rathore in Ruchika molestation
case charging him with serious offences like attempt to murder
and doctoring the post-mortem report of the teenager.
On April 5, High Court Judge Justice Sabina had adjourned
hearing in the case till July 19 after the CBI had sought more
time to conduct the probe.
The two FIRs registered by the CBI in January this year
on the basis of complaints filed by Ruchika`s father S C
Girhotra and brother Ashu, accuse Rathore of committing
serious offences including attempt to murder, wrongful
confinement, giving false evidence and doctoring post-mortem
report of the teenaged girl.
Rathore`s plea for quashing of the third FIR under
section 306 IPC (abetment to suicide) had later been referred
to a High Court division bench.
Earlier, Rathore had filed a third petition seeking
quashing of the third FIR stating that the issue had been
settled earlier even at the level of the Supreme Court.
Meanwhile, Justice Jitendra Chauhan of the High Court
will also resume tomorrow hearing on a day-to-day basis the
68-year-old Rathore`s revision petition challenging his
conviction in the molestation case.
Rathore`s lawyer wife Abha had on May 26 filed the
revision petition in the High Court on his behalf for
suspension of sentence and grant of bail to the former Haryana
DGP, a day after the Sessions Court here awarded him 18-month
jail term for molesting budding tennis player Ruchika.
Rathore has been lodged in the high security Burail jail
here since May 25.
Ruchika Girhotra had committed suicide three years after
being molested by Rathore on August 12, 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM