Head of notorious poaching gang arrested
Kotdwar: Forest Department officials have arrested the alleged head of a poaching gang from Haryana, an officer said Tuesday.
23-year-old Jyoti Ram, believed to be head of the notorious Bawaria gang of poachers with international connections and involved in trading in banned wildlife articles like tiger skin in North India, was arrested from Paplua village of Haryana`s Panchkula district on September 1, SDO (Forest) J S Rawat said.
Ram was brought to Kotdwar yesterday and produced before a local court which sent him to judicial custody till September 13, said Rawat, who led the five-member team that nabbed the poacher from Haryana with help from Kalaka Police.
The department is now working to expose the modus operandi of the gang, he said.
Sant Lal, another member of the Bawaria gang was arrested on June 16 this year in Kotari Range of Lansdowne Forest division during patrolling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi