Heat wave continues in Haryana, Hisar hottest at 43.5 C
Chandigarh: Sweltering heat wave on Friday continued unabated across Haryana and Punjab, including Chandigarh, with maximum temperature at Hisar in Haryana settling at 43.5 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperature in Hisar settled at four notches above normal, but over a degree down than yesterday, the local MeT office said.
Bhiwani sizzled at 42.2 degrees C, two notches above than normal. Karnal, too, had a hot day at 40.6 degrees C, up two notches while Ambala, experienced a hot day at 41 degrees C, three degrees above normal.
Residents of Chandigarh braved yet another hot day at 41 degrees C, which is four notches up than normal.
In Punjab, Patiala sizzled at 41.5 degrees C, four degrees up above normal.
People of Amritsar and Ludhiana also braved the hot weather recording respective maximum temperatures of 42 degrees C and 41.9 degrees C, up by four notches each.
The MeT office has forecast duststorms and thunderstorms with possibility of light rain at isolated places in the two states during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder