Heat wave continues in Haryana, Hisar hottest at 43.5 C
Chandigarh: Sweltering heat wave on Friday continued unabated across Haryana and Punjab, including Chandigarh, with maximum temperature at Hisar in Haryana settling at 43.5 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperature in Hisar settled at four notches above normal, but over a degree down than yesterday, the local MeT office said.
Bhiwani sizzled at 42.2 degrees C, two notches above than normal. Karnal, too, had a hot day at 40.6 degrees C, up two notches while Ambala, experienced a hot day at 41 degrees C, three degrees above normal.
Residents of Chandigarh braved yet another hot day at 41 degrees C, which is four notches up than normal.
In Punjab, Patiala sizzled at 41.5 degrees C, four degrees up above normal.
People of Amritsar and Ludhiana also braved the hot weather recording respective maximum temperatures of 42 degrees C and 41.9 degrees C, up by four notches each.
The MeT office has forecast duststorms and thunderstorms with possibility of light rain at isolated places in the two states during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30