Heat wave continues in Haryana, Hisar hottest at 43.5 C
Chandigarh: Sweltering heat wave on Friday continued unabated across Haryana and Punjab, including Chandigarh, with maximum temperature at Hisar in Haryana settling at 43.5 degrees Celsius.
The maximum temperature in Hisar settled at four notches above normal, but over a degree down than yesterday, the local MeT office said.
Bhiwani sizzled at 42.2 degrees C, two notches above than normal. Karnal, too, had a hot day at 40.6 degrees C, up two notches while Ambala, experienced a hot day at 41 degrees C, three degrees above normal.
Residents of Chandigarh braved yet another hot day at 41 degrees C, which is four notches up than normal.
In Punjab, Patiala sizzled at 41.5 degrees C, four degrees up above normal.
People of Amritsar and Ludhiana also braved the hot weather recording respective maximum temperatures of 42 degrees C and 41.9 degrees C, up by four notches each.
The MeT office has forecast duststorms and thunderstorms with possibility of light rain at isolated places in the two states during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi