Heat wave persists in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: There was no let up in the heat wave sweeping Punjab and Haryana, with maximum temperatures hovering over 40 degrees Celsius in most parts of the region on Tuesday.
Amritsar continued to be the hottest place in the region with maximum at 43.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, the Met office here said.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a high of 42 degrees Celsius and 41.2 degrees Celsius respectively, while Chandigarh had a maximum of 40 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Ambala, Bhiwani and Hisar recorded maximum of 40 deg C, 42.6 deg C and 42.5 deg C respectively.
Met in its forecast said that light rains or thunderstorm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video