Heat wave persists in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: There was no let up in the heat wave sweeping Punjab and Haryana, with maximum temperatures hovering over 40 degrees Celsius in most parts of the region on Tuesday.
Amritsar continued to be the hottest place in the region with maximum at 43.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, the Met office here said.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a high of 42 degrees Celsius and 41.2 degrees Celsius respectively, while Chandigarh had a maximum of 40 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Ambala, Bhiwani and Hisar recorded maximum of 40 deg C, 42.6 deg C and 42.5 deg C respectively.
Met in its forecast said that light rains or thunderstorm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why