Heat wave persists in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: There was no let up in the heat wave sweeping Punjab and Haryana, with maximum temperatures hovering over 40 degrees Celsius in most parts of the region on Tuesday.
Amritsar continued to be the hottest place in the region with maximum at 43.2 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, the Met office here said.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a high of 42 degrees Celsius and 41.2 degrees Celsius respectively, while Chandigarh had a maximum of 40 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Ambala, Bhiwani and Hisar recorded maximum of 40 deg C, 42.6 deg C and 42.5 deg C respectively.
Met in its forecast said that light rains or thunderstorm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India