Heavy voter turnout of 85% in Haryana Panchayat polls
Chandigarh: Heavy voter turnout of 85 per
cent was witnessed as Panchayat polls were held peacefully in
four Haryana districts, barring a few stray incidents.
Polling for the offices of 6,802 Panches, 747
Sarpanches, 310 Member Panchayati Samitis and 130 Members Zila
Parishads in the 13 blocks of four districts-- Hisar, Karnal,
Rewari and Yamuna Nagar passed off smoothly, State Election
Commissioner Dharam Vir said here this evening.
Barring a few stray incidents in four villages, the
polling was peaceful in these districts, he said.
He said that as per preliminary reports, there would be
repoll in one booth of village Keherwa, Block Indri of
District Karnal for Sarpanch and Member of a ward of Zila
Parishad due to damaging of EVMs by miscreants.
However, the exact number of polling stations where
repoll is to be announced would be determined after final
reports are received from the concerned Deputy
Commissioners-cum-District Election Officers (Panchayat), he
For today`s elections, 1,959 Polling Stations had been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj