Helpline started for impartial MC elections
Chandigarh: The Haryana Police have started a special helpline to ensure impartial and peaceful conduct of elections to the Municipal Corporation on June 02.
If any voter is pressurised by a candidate to cast his vote in his favour, is mentally tortured or attempts are made to purchase the vote with money or liquor, the electorate can contact the police through the helpline number, a spokesman said on Saturday.
Strict action will be taken against the accused, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab