Helpline started for impartial MC elections
Chandigarh: The Haryana Police have started a special helpline to ensure impartial and peaceful conduct of elections to the Municipal Corporation on June 02.
If any voter is pressurised by a candidate to cast his vote in his favour, is mentally tortured or attempts are made to purchase the vote with money or liquor, the electorate can contact the police through the helpline number, a spokesman said on Saturday.
Strict action will be taken against the accused, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster