Helpline started for impartial MC elections
Chandigarh: The Haryana Police have started a special helpline to ensure impartial and peaceful conduct of elections to the Municipal Corporation on June 02.
If any voter is pressurised by a candidate to cast his vote in his favour, is mentally tortured or attempts are made to purchase the vote with money or liquor, the electorate can contact the police through the helpline number, a spokesman said on Saturday.
Strict action will be taken against the accused, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city