High security number plates scheme to be launched formally
Chandigarh: A special scheme for affixing high-security number plates, which are mandatory for all registered vehicles in Haryana, will be launched from Gurgaon tomorrow.
Haryana Additional Chief Secretary Ramendra Jakhu will launch this scheme, an official release said here.
Under the scheme, all registered vehicles would be fixed with high-security registration plates which are of a specific standard and specification and each plate would carry a unique code and a hologram.
A self-destructible third registration plate sticker would also be fixed on the front wind screen of the vehicles to further increase security features.
A private company Link Utsav Registration Plates Limited has been allotted the work of affixing these plates in all districts of the state, it said.
A sum of Rs 121 will be charged from the owners of motorcycle and tractor for affixing high-security registration plate whereas Rs 140 and Rs 161 will be charged from the owners of scooters and three-wheelers respectively.
Light motor vehicles and commercial vehicles will be charged Rs 364 and Rs 280 respectively under the scheme.
High-security Registration Plates Scheme has already been started in Haryana from May 15.
Under this Scheme, all new and old vehicles will have to carry high-security registration plates and no other type of registration plates would be valid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery