High security registration plates mandatory in Haryana
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Administration has made it mandatory for new vehicle owners to install high security registration plates failing which registration certificate would not be given to them.
The transport department today notified the implementation of high security registration plates scheme in pursuance to provisions under Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 as notified by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
For new vehicles, the high security registration plates will come into force from February 28 while for already registered vehicles, the task of implementation of scheme should be completed by the vehicle owners within two years from March 1, 2013, said an official release here.
Only after the high security registration plates are affixed to the vehicle and the vehicle is found fit to ply on road, registration certificate would be given to the vehicle owner, it said.
For two wheelers including bikes, the rate for installation of plate would be Rs 79, while for passenger cars it would be Rs 183 and commercial vehicles Rs 189, the release said.
New Delhi-based Real Mazon India has been appointed as the authorised firm for the installation of high security registration plates on the vehicle, it said.
The high security registration plate should be fastened on the front and rear of the vehicle. In case of three and four wheelers, a third registration plate in the form of a self destructive sticker should be affixed on the wind shield of the vehicle, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply