Hike in salary, allowances of Haryana ministers, legislators
Chandigarh: Haryana assembly on Tuesday passed
three bills hiking the salary and the allowances of the Chief
Minister, ministers, the Speaker, the Deputy Speaker and the
Leader of the Opposition besides all MLAs.
This would entail an extra expenditure of Rs 2.19 crore.
The three bills the Haryana Legislative Assembly moved by
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Surjewala were passed
by voice vote by the state assembly before adjourning sine die
after its budget session here today.
The salary and allowances were last hiked more than two
"Keeping in view the rise in cost of living, the
government has decided to enhance" the salary and allowances
of ministers, MLAs etc, the bill said adding the increase
would be effective from September 7 last year.
The constituency allowance of all the 90 MLAs has been
hiked by 33 per cent per from Rs 15,000 per month to Rs 20,000
The sumptuary allowance has been increased by 66 per cent
from Rs 3,000 per month to Rs 5,000 per month and the
secretarial allowance doubled to Rs 10,000 per month.
The salary of the Chief Minister, Ministers, Ministers
of State and Deputy Ministers has been doubled to Rs 40,000
The Speaker and the Deputy Speaker and the Leader of the
Opposition would also get double the existing salary of Rs
20,000 per month.
The legislators who do not hold any ministerial post
would also get a monthly salary of Rs 10,000. The daily
allowance of the MLAs and the pension of former MLAs have also
The total financial burden on the state exchequer due to
the passage of three bills increasing the salary and
allowances would be Rs 2.19 Crore annually.
The state government also introduced a new section to
facilitate recovery of outstanding allowance to
MLAs/Ministers/Speaker/Deputy Speaker/Leader of the
Opposition/Deputy Minister/Chief Parliamentary Secretaries
from the allowances/pension admissible to them.
Finance Minister Ajay Yadav introduced the Haryana Fiscal
Responsibility and Budget Management (Amendment) Bill, 2011,
to achieve zero revenue deficit target from 2011-12 and
maintain the same till 2014-15.
The Haryana Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011
was introduced by Minister of State for Urban Local Bodies
Gopal Kanda to amend section 4(4) of the Act to empower the
State to conduct election of municipal corporation of Gurgaon
within three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends