Hike in salary, allowances of Haryana ministers, legislators
Chandigarh: Haryana assembly on Tuesday passed
three bills hiking the salary and the allowances of the Chief
Minister, ministers, the Speaker, the Deputy Speaker and the
Leader of the Opposition besides all MLAs.
This would entail an extra expenditure of Rs 2.19 crore.
The three bills moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister
Randeep Surjewala were passed by voice vote by the state
assembly before the House was adjourned sine die after its
budget session here today.
The salary and allowances were last hiked more than two
"Keeping in view the rise in cost of living, the
government has decided to enhance" the salary and allowances
of ministers, MLAs etc, the bill said adding the increase
would be effective from September 7 last year.
The constituency allowance of all the 90 MLAs has been
hiked by 33 per cent per from Rs 15,000 per month to Rs 20,000
The sumptuary allowance has been increased by 66 per cent
from Rs 3,000 per month to Rs 5,000 per month and the
secretarial allowance doubled to Rs 10,000 per month.
The salary of the Chief Minister, Ministers, Ministers
of State and Deputy Ministers has been doubled to Rs 40,000
The Speaker and the Deputy Speaker and the Leader of the
Opposition would also get double the existing salary of Rs
20,000 per month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25