Hike in salary, allowances of Haryana ministers, legislators
Chandigarh: Haryana assembly on Tuesday passed
three bills hiking the salary and the allowances of the Chief
Minister, ministers, the Speaker, the Deputy Speaker and the
Leader of the Opposition besides all MLAs.
This would entail an extra expenditure of Rs 2.19 crore.
The three bills moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister
Randeep Surjewala were passed by voice vote by the state
assembly before the House was adjourned sine die after its
budget session here today.
The salary and allowances were last hiked more than two
"Keeping in view the rise in cost of living, the
government has decided to enhance" the salary and allowances
of ministers, MLAs etc, the bill said adding the increase
would be effective from September 7 last year.
The constituency allowance of all the 90 MLAs has been
hiked by 33 per cent per from Rs 15,000 per month to Rs 20,000
The sumptuary allowance has been increased by 66 per cent
from Rs 3,000 per month to Rs 5,000 per month and the
secretarial allowance doubled to Rs 10,000 per month.
The salary of the Chief Minister, Ministers, Ministers
of State and Deputy Ministers has been doubled to Rs 40,000
The Speaker and the Deputy Speaker and the Leader of the
Opposition would also get double the existing salary of Rs
20,000 per month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders