Hisar by-poll: Campaigning ends today
Hisar: The campaigning for October 13 Hisar Lok Sabha by-poll comes to an end at 5.00 pm on Tuesday.
The run-up to the by-election has been acrimonious with Team Anna asking people not to back Congress.
Following the call, Congress leaders have hit back at the Jan Lokpal Bill champions, dubbing them as agents of Opposition "trying to grind their own axe in the guise of fighting graft".
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, addressing a party rally in Hisar yesterday, took a veiled dig at Anna Hazare, saying corruption could not be eliminated by supporting corrupt politicians.
"People would get rid of corruption only by sidelining them politically," Hooda said at the rally organised in support of party candidate Jai Prakash.
Prakash is locked in a triangular contest with HJC-BJP`s Kuldeep Bishnoi and INLD`s Ajay Singh Chautala for the by-poll, necessitated due to death of sitting MP and former chief minister Bhajan Lal.
The poll has assumed significance with Anna factor dominating the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal