Hisar bypolls: EC gives instructions to candidates
Chandigarh: The Election Commission on Monday instructed candidates contesting in the Hisar bypoll to refrain from attending community kitchens, which distribute free food to electors, and issued guidelines for organisation of such events.
"The Commission has observed that community kitchen like `preetibhoj`, `36 biradariyon ka khaana`, `gao zeemana` and `saya` in local parlance were organised during the election campaign and many electors are being entertained to free food here," Haryana Chief Electoral Officer Sumita Misra said.
With the model code of conduct in place, the poll candidates should refrain from attending such functions in their area, Misra said.
The Commission has directed that if any candidate attends such a community kitchen, either organised by him or by any other person to entertain electors, the entire expenditure would be treated as the candidate`s election expense.
The October 13 Hisar bypoll was necessitated following the death of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next