Hisar Dalit girl gangrape: Police arrest one more accused
Hisar: Based on inputs given by the youth arrested Saturday, one more person was arrested on Monday in the Dalit gangrape case, police said, adding that hunt is on to nab the other absconding accused.
"We have arrested the youth from Dabra village. Earlier, we had nabbed an accused in the case two days back. We are also on the lookout for other accused and hope to nab them soon," Hisar police chief B Satheesh Balan said today.
Balan said Situ, who was arrested Saturday for his alleged involvement into the act, disclosed names of others involved in the case.
He said police will reveal name of the second accused also after his identification parade is conducted.
Meanwhile, the district administration has announced government job to the son of Krishan, the victim`s father who had committed suicide after the incident.
The affected family has also been provided financial help of Rs 5 lakh as per the provisions of the SC/ST Act.
The teenage Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a group of youths who had also threatened to make public her obscene pictures, following which her shocked father committed suicide on September 18.
A case was registered by the police under Sections 376 and 306 of IPC (rape and abetment to suicide).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened