Hisar Dalit girl gangrape: Police arrest one more accused
Hisar: Based on inputs given by the youth arrested Saturday, one more person was arrested on Monday in the Dalit gangrape case, police said, adding that hunt is on to nab the other absconding accused.
"We have arrested the youth from Dabra village. Earlier, we had nabbed an accused in the case two days back. We are also on the lookout for other accused and hope to nab them soon," Hisar police chief B Satheesh Balan said today.
Balan said Situ, who was arrested Saturday for his alleged involvement into the act, disclosed names of others involved in the case.
He said police will reveal name of the second accused also after his identification parade is conducted.
Meanwhile, the district administration has announced government job to the son of Krishan, the victim`s father who had committed suicide after the incident.
The affected family has also been provided financial help of Rs 5 lakh as per the provisions of the SC/ST Act.
The teenage Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a group of youths who had also threatened to make public her obscene pictures, following which her shocked father committed suicide on September 18.
A case was registered by the police under Sections 376 and 306 of IPC (rape and abetment to suicide).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof