Hisar drops to zero deg; cold wave tightens grip
Chandigarh: Cold conditions further tightened its grip in Punjab and Haryana where minimum temperature dipped by several notches even as Hisar in Haryana was the coldest place as minimum dropped to zero degree C.
The MeT Department has warned about ground frost hitting several places in both the states.
Hisar recorded the lowest minimum temperature at zero degree, dropping by six notches below normal, the MeT Department said here today.
In Punjab, Adampur was the coldest place as it recorded minimum at 1.3 deg C.
Amritsar and Ludhiana experienced cold wave at 1.4 deg C and 2.6 deg C respectively, dropping by up to four notches below normal.
Patiala recorded a low at 4.6 deg C.
In Haryana, Ambala and Bhiwani had minimum of 6.5 deg C and 4.4 deg C, while Narnaul braved cold at 2 deg C, down by four degrees below normal.
The MeT Department in its forecast said weather conditions will remain dry though night temperature is likely to remain below 2 deg C at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
The Department also warned of ground frost occurring at several places which can have an adverse impact on standing crops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!