Hisar gangrape case: Seven more arrested
Hisar (Haryana): The Haryana police Wednesday said it has arrested seven more persons including accomplices of key accused in connection with the gangrape of a teenage Dalit girl of Dabra village in the district.
Haryana Director General of Police R S Dalal told reporters that five persons were arrested from Almora along with three main accused - Vikas, Rajkumar and Pawan, against whom an FIR was registered.
Two more persons were arrested from elsewhere for allegedly giving shelter to the culprits, he said.
With this, the total number of arrests has risen to nine.
Dalal said Hisar Superintendent of Police B Satheesh Balan has been directed to approach the District and Sessions Judge with a request to constitute a fast track court so that a decision could be taken in the case
within three months to provide timely justice to members of the victim`s family and punishment to the accused.
The victim`s family has been provided security, he said.
The key accused had been evading arrest for past several days.
Balan said the arrested persons had confessed to their involvement in the incident. They will be produced before a court here tomorrow, he said.
Uttrakhand police helped Hisar police in arresting the culprits, he said, adding police teams had already been sent to other states including Rajasthan, to nab the remaining three accused.
Meanwhile, some villagers of village Dabra today met district administration and demanded release of an arrested person, saying he was not present in the village when the incident occurred.
The teenage Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a group of youths over a fortnight back and the culprits had threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, following which her shocked father committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000