Hisar gangrape: Family seeks employment for girl, brother
Hisar (Har): The family of the dalit girl who was allegedly gangraped in Dabra village on Friday demanded government employment for her and her brother.
They made this demand at the condolence meeting of Krishan, the girl`s father who committed suicide by consuming poison on September 18 apprehending public humiliation.
They also urged the government to provide them residential accommodation at Hisar and said it was very difficult for them to stay in the village after the incident.
Community members in the village and representatives of several dalit organisations took part in the condolence ceremony, also attended by Rajendra Sura, president of Hisar Zila Parishad.
Later, Congress MP Ashok Tanwar met the aggrieved family and consoled them.
Assuring all help, he asked the family to submit their demands and problems in writing to the Deputy Commissioner and give a copy to him.
Tanwar directed the administration to give a detailed report on atrocities against dalits in the district.
The girl, a student of Class XII, was allegedly gangraped by youths about a fortnight ago in Patel Nagar area. They threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, after which her father, a labourer, committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town