Hisar gangrape: Family seeks employment for girl, brother
Hisar (Har): The family of the dalit girl who was allegedly gangraped in Dabra village on Friday demanded government employment for her and her brother.
They made this demand at the condolence meeting of Krishan, the girl`s father who committed suicide by consuming poison on September 18 apprehending public humiliation.
They also urged the government to provide them residential accommodation at Hisar and said it was very difficult for them to stay in the village after the incident.
Community members in the village and representatives of several dalit organisations took part in the condolence ceremony, also attended by Rajendra Sura, president of Hisar Zila Parishad.
Later, Congress MP Ashok Tanwar met the aggrieved family and consoled them.
Assuring all help, he asked the family to submit their demands and problems in writing to the Deputy Commissioner and give a copy to him.
Tanwar directed the administration to give a detailed report on atrocities against dalits in the district.
The girl, a student of Class XII, was allegedly gangraped by youths about a fortnight ago in Patel Nagar area. They threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, after which her father, a labourer, committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand