Hisar gangrape: Family seeks employment for girl, brother
Hisar (Har): The family of the dalit girl who was allegedly gangraped in Dabra village on Friday demanded government employment for her and her brother.
They made this demand at the condolence meeting of Krishan, the girl`s father who committed suicide by consuming poison on September 18 apprehending public humiliation.
They also urged the government to provide them residential accommodation at Hisar and said it was very difficult for them to stay in the village after the incident.
Community members in the village and representatives of several dalit organisations took part in the condolence ceremony, also attended by Rajendra Sura, president of Hisar Zila Parishad.
Later, Congress MP Ashok Tanwar met the aggrieved family and consoled them.
Assuring all help, he asked the family to submit their demands and problems in writing to the Deputy Commissioner and give a copy to him.
Tanwar directed the administration to give a detailed report on atrocities against dalits in the district.
The girl, a student of Class XII, was allegedly gangraped by youths about a fortnight ago in Patel Nagar area. They threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, after which her father, a labourer, committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'