Hisar gangrape: Family seeks employment for girl, brother
Hisar (Har): The family of the dalit girl who was allegedly gangraped in Dabra village on Friday demanded government employment for her and her brother.
They made this demand at the condolence meeting of Krishan, the girl`s father who committed suicide by consuming poison on September 18 apprehending public humiliation.
They also urged the government to provide them residential accommodation at Hisar and said it was very difficult for them to stay in the village after the incident.
Community members in the village and representatives of several dalit organisations took part in the condolence ceremony, also attended by Rajendra Sura, president of Hisar Zila Parishad.
Later, Congress MP Ashok Tanwar met the aggrieved family and consoled them.
Assuring all help, he asked the family to submit their demands and problems in writing to the Deputy Commissioner and give a copy to him.
Tanwar directed the administration to give a detailed report on atrocities against dalits in the district.
The girl, a student of Class XII, was allegedly gangraped by youths about a fortnight ago in Patel Nagar area. They threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, after which her father, a labourer, committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway