Hisar rape: Teams of NCW, NCDRH meet victim`s family
Hisar: Teams of National Women Commission and National Campaign on Dalit Human Right on Monday visited Dabra village and met family members of the teenage Dalit girl who was allegedly gangraped on September 9.
The team of NCW, led by Shameena Shafiq, expressed concern over the role of Haryana Women Commission in the matter, saying they had not informed the NCW about the horrific incident.
Interacting with reporters, Shafiq said, "Haryana Women Commission did not pass on any information of the gangrape incident to them and all information which the NCW had received was through its own resources."
Shafiq demanded stern action against the culprits of the heinous crime.
"Some cases of gangrape with Dalit women have been reported in Haryana, which are unfortunate," she said.
Commission will prepare its report in the Dabra gangrape episode and submit it to the NCW chairperson, she said.
Superintendent of Police B Sateesh Balan was also present and interacted with the NCW team.
Earlier today, an eight-member team of National Campaign of Dalit Human Right also met the victim`s family.
Rajat Kalson, Coordinator of the NCDRH, a body that claims committed to the elimination of discrimination based on caste, said crime against women in Haryana were on a rise.
"Crimes against women especially Dalits in Haryana were increasing and the government should take effective steps," Kalson said.
He demanded that the victim`s family should be compensated by the government.
Father of the rape victim committed suicide on September 18 after he came to know that his daughter was gangraped.
Eleven culprits have been arrested so far in this case, according to police.
Meanwhile, Haryana BJP today demanded dismissal of the Hooda government in view of the alleged deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
"In the recent past, there have been a number of shameful incidents including Rohtak`s Apna Ghar shelter home incident, besides the recent incidents of gangrape of a Dalit girl in Hisar and that of a married woman in Jind district," said Rattan Lal Kataria, state BJP spokesman and former MP.
"Keeping in view the failure of the state government to protect its citizens, particularly women and children, we demand resignation of chief minister (Bhupinder Singh) Hooda on moral grounds," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried