Hisar: Stalker stabs to death girl student
Hisar: An engineering student on Friday stabbed to death a girl he had been stalking at the campus of Guru Jambeshwar University of Science and Technology, police said.
Chetan Sheoran (21), a BTech student in Pune, stabbed Varsha Yadav (18) to death at GJUST campus here when she came out of her hostel to go home for holidays.
According to GJUST Vice-Chancellor ML Ranga, when Varsha came out of her hostel and was heading to board an auto- rickshaw Chetan suddenly attacked her with a knife.
He fatally slit her throat and the shrieks of the girl alerted the `varsity security and they nabbed and handed him over to the police.
In his first statement to the police he confessed to killing the girl as she had allegedly "ruined my life".
SP B Satheesh said, "It was a one-sided love and the boy was stalking the girl for quite some time. His frustration led to this ghastly crime."
Both had come to know each other at a coaching centre in Kota where they were studying last year.
Chetan had developed affection for the girl but when she did not respond to his overtures he started stalking her, police said.
He had tried to meet her several times but she avoided him, police said.
The victim`s parents reside merely ten km from the campus in the BSF colony but she was admitted to the hostel to avoid the stalker on the way to and from home and university, police said.
The girl`s father Dharam Pal Yadav is a BSF personnel posted at its Hisar camp, while Chetan is a resident of Prem Nagar in Rohtak and is the son of an ex-serviceman, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed