HJC-BJP power sharing issue settled two years back: BJP
Chandigarh: Notwithstanding the demand made by a BJP leader, Haryana party president Ram Bilas Sharma on Monday said the issue of power sharing and rotation of the Chief Minister`s post between the party and its ally Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC), was settled two years back.
Playing down the recent comment made by senior state BJP leader Anil Vij that the party "review" its decision and its candidate be made the CM for the first half of the five-year term if the alliance came to power after the next Assembly polls, Sharma said his party`s senior leadership had already settled the matter.
"The understanding reached between us (BJP and HJC) was that, if our alliance came to power, then HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi will be the CM for the first two-and-a-half years and BJP will get the post for the remaining term," he said at a press conference here.
An agreement was also reached on BJP contesting eight Lok Sabha seats while the remaining two to be contested by the HJC. As far as Assembly seats are concerned, they would contest 45 seats each (in the 90 member House), he said.
Assembly polls are due in Haryana in one-and-a-half years from now.
When asked to clarify his demand made in Ambala earlier this month, Vij, who was present at the news conference, only said, "My state unit president has said what he had to say on the issue and to speak any further won`t be appropriate."
Meanwhile, Vij said the BJP will raise the issues of deterioration of law and order, land scams, discrimination in development among others during the budget session of the Haryana Assembly, which begins on Friday.
On the occasion, former minister Naresh Sharma announced his decision to join the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks