HJC-BJP power sharing issue settled two years back: BJP
Chandigarh: Notwithstanding the demand made by a BJP leader, Haryana party president Ram Bilas Sharma on Monday said the issue of power sharing and rotation of the Chief Minister`s post between the party and its ally Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC), was settled two years back.
Playing down the recent comment made by senior state BJP leader Anil Vij that the party "review" its decision and its candidate be made the CM for the first half of the five-year term if the alliance came to power after the next Assembly polls, Sharma said his party`s senior leadership had already settled the matter.
"The understanding reached between us (BJP and HJC) was that, if our alliance came to power, then HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi will be the CM for the first two-and-a-half years and BJP will get the post for the remaining term," he said at a press conference here.
An agreement was also reached on BJP contesting eight Lok Sabha seats while the remaining two to be contested by the HJC. As far as Assembly seats are concerned, they would contest 45 seats each (in the 90 member House), he said.
Assembly polls are due in Haryana in one-and-a-half years from now.
When asked to clarify his demand made in Ambala earlier this month, Vij, who was present at the news conference, only said, "My state unit president has said what he had to say on the issue and to speak any further won`t be appropriate."
Meanwhile, Vij said the BJP will raise the issues of deterioration of law and order, land scams, discrimination in development among others during the budget session of the Haryana Assembly, which begins on Friday.
On the occasion, former minister Naresh Sharma announced his decision to join the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP