HJC seeks disqualification of Haryana Speaker, 4 other MLAs
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High
Court today granted six weeks` time to the Haryana Assembly
Speaker and five MLAs, who had left the Haryana Janhit
Congress to join the Congress, to file their reply on a
petition seeking their disqualification.
HJC President Kuldeep Bishnoi, MLA, had sought
disqualification of the five legislators, elected to the
Haryana Assembly on HJC ticket last year, from the membership
of the House under the 10th Scheduled or `Anti Defection Law`.
Justice Permod Kohli granted six weeks` time to
Speaker H S Chatha and MLAs Satpal Sangwan, Rao Narinder
Singh, Dharampal Chokker, Vinod Bhayana and Zile Ram Sharma
and posted the matter for October 14.
The six had joined the Congress, which had won 40
seats in the 90-member state assembly and failed to get a
The Court asked the counsel for the respondents to
give in advance the copy of their replies to the counsel for
the petitioner, before filing it in the High Court before the
next date of hearing.
Bishnoi had filed five petitions seeking the
disqualification of these MLAs before the Speaker on December
However, he later moved the High Court alleging that
the Speaker was intentionally delaying proceedings during the
last eight months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed