Honour killing: Youth hacked to death by young woman`s kin
Fatehabad (Haryana): In a suspected case of honour killing, a 28-year-old youth of Issar village was killed after he was allegedly attacked by six assailants on Dharamshala road here, including kin of a young woman, whose family was fiercely opposed to the couple`s recent marriage, police said on Saturday.
Satpal Dhaka (28) was attacked using sharp weapons and killed on the spot Friday evening, they said.
Dhaka, who belonged to pre-dominant Jat community, had married Shabnam Balmiki (22), a Dalit woman, last year in a temple at Hisar.
However, the family members of Shabnam, who reside in Fatehabad, did not approve of the marriage and also did not allow her to go with her husband.
On May 30, when Satpal Dhaka went to meet his wife, to invite her for his brother`s marriage, the irate relatives tried to thrash him, but he managed to escape.
Satpal, however, did not complain the matter to the police. The father and two brothers of the woman kept a watch on the movement of Satpal, who worked with a finance company in Fatehabad, police said.
Last evening when Satpal was out for distributing invitation cards of the marriage of his brother Suraj Bhan, the girl`s father Mukesh and her brothers Shubham and Sagar, along with three others, allegedly attacked Satpal, killing him on the spot, police said.
Police has registered a murder case on the complaint of Suraj Bhan.
Police sources said that three of the accused had been arrested this evening and efforts were on to apprehend other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers