Honour killing: Youth hacked to death by young woman`s kin
Fatehabad (Haryana): In a suspected case of honour killing, a 28-year-old youth of Issar village was killed after he was allegedly attacked by six assailants on Dharamshala road here, including kin of a young woman, whose family was fiercely opposed to the couple`s recent marriage, police said on Saturday.
Satpal Dhaka (28) was attacked using sharp weapons and killed on the spot Friday evening, they said.
Dhaka, who belonged to pre-dominant Jat community, had married Shabnam Balmiki (22), a Dalit woman, last year in a temple at Hisar.
However, the family members of Shabnam, who reside in Fatehabad, did not approve of the marriage and also did not allow her to go with her husband.
On May 30, when Satpal Dhaka went to meet his wife, to invite her for his brother`s marriage, the irate relatives tried to thrash him, but he managed to escape.
Satpal, however, did not complain the matter to the police. The father and two brothers of the woman kept a watch on the movement of Satpal, who worked with a finance company in Fatehabad, police said.
Last evening when Satpal was out for distributing invitation cards of the marriage of his brother Suraj Bhan, the girl`s father Mukesh and her brothers Shubham and Sagar, along with three others, allegedly attacked Satpal, killing him on the spot, police said.
Police has registered a murder case on the complaint of Suraj Bhan.
Police sources said that three of the accused had been arrested this evening and efforts were on to apprehend other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!