Hooda announces Rs 12.67 Cr package for flood-hit farmers
Chandigarh: Haryana government today
announced a package of Rs 12.67 crore to provide succour to
the flood-ravaged farmers in the state.
The package includes subsidized seeds of various kharif
and vegtables crops.
Making the announcement today, Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda said under the package 75 per cent subsidy will be
given on the seeds of Basmati varieties such as CSR-30,
HBC-19, PB-1, PRH-10 and PUSA-1121 to the flood-hit farmers so
that they might raise fresh nurseries of paddy wherever
feasible or for direct seeding of these basmati varieties.
Seeds of alternate crops like toria, hybrid bajra and
jowar in the form of minikits will also be given free of cost
to farmers in the affected areas, besides giving them 90 per
cent subsidy on seeds of hybrid maize and 75 per cent subsidy
on mong/urd so that no area was left unsown in
the flood affected districts, he said.
The Chief Minister also announced to give 75 per cent
subsidy on the seeds of vegetable like bhindi, brinjal,
cucumber, chilli, cucurbits, capsicum, leafy vegetables,
radish carrot, arbi.
The government has already converted short term
cooperative loans, amounting of Rs 201.21 crore into medium
term cooperative loans in flood affected districts, besides
deferring the recovery of long term cooperative loans
involving Rs 27.28 crore of farmers of the flood affected
districts for a period of one year, he said.
Various kharif crops including paddy, cotton, pulses and
fodder and vegetable crops have been damaged due to heavy
rains leading to flash floods in Sirsa, Fatehabad, Ambala,
Kurukshetra, Kaithal and Karnal districts of the state.
As per the data received from the field staff, paddy has
been damaged in an area of 93815 hectares in the flood
affected districts whereas cotton has been damaged in 9000
hectares of land in the state. Besides fruits and vegetables,
fodder crops are also damaged in an area of 11464 hectares due
to heavy downpour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city