Hooda announces several development projects in election year
Chandigarh: Ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha and state Assembly elections, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday announced in the state Assembly a slew of development projects.
Replying to discussion on the debate on the Motion of Thanks on Governor`s address, he said 50 per cent concession in the bus fare would be given to those above 65 years of age in Haryana Roadways buses.
Women above 60 years of age were already getting the facility in the state.
Hooda also announced to increase the monthly allowance being given under the Ladli Social Security Allowance Scheme from Rs 500 to Rs 750.
The Chief Minister said 13,000 new safai karamcharis would be appointed in the urban areas of the state. This would be in addition to the 65,000 posts for which the recruitment process was in progress, he added.
A sports university will be set up in Bhiwani, which will be named after former Chief Minister Bansi Lal, he said adding a national law university, named after Dr BR Ambedkar will also be established at Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Kundli in district Sonipat.
Hooda announced that regional centre of Kurukshetra University at Jind would be upgraded as University.
Main opposition INLD MLAs were not present during the Chief Minister`s reply as 25 of them had been suspended by the Speaker yesterday for their unruly behaviour while the party`s two senior leader Abhay Singh Chautala and Ashok Arora, who had escaped the suspension, walked out today in protest.
Later, the Speaker revoked the suspension and now the INLD legislators are free to attend the remainder of the Budget session from Friday.
In his 75-minute reply, Hooda also announced to set up two regional centres of Bhagat Phool Singh Women University, one at Lula Ahir in Rewari and one at Kanya Gurukul at Faral, Narwana in Jind.
He further announced to set up a regional centre of Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad at Nuh in district Mewat while two new medical colleges would be set up in Bhiwani and second at Central University, Mahendergarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe