Hooda announces several development projects in election year
Chandigarh: Ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha and state Assembly elections, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday announced in the state Assembly a slew of development projects.
Replying to discussion on the debate on the Motion of Thanks on Governor`s address, he said 50 per cent concession in the bus fare would be given to those above 65 years of age in Haryana Roadways buses.
Women above 60 years of age were already getting the facility in the state.
Hooda also announced to increase the monthly allowance being given under the Ladli Social Security Allowance Scheme from Rs 500 to Rs 750.
The Chief Minister said 13,000 new safai karamcharis would be appointed in the urban areas of the state. This would be in addition to the 65,000 posts for which the recruitment process was in progress, he added.
A sports university will be set up in Bhiwani, which will be named after former Chief Minister Bansi Lal, he said adding a national law university, named after Dr BR Ambedkar will also be established at Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Kundli in district Sonipat.
Hooda announced that regional centre of Kurukshetra University at Jind would be upgraded as University.
Main opposition INLD MLAs were not present during the Chief Minister`s reply as 25 of them had been suspended by the Speaker yesterday for their unruly behaviour while the party`s two senior leader Abhay Singh Chautala and Ashok Arora, who had escaped the suspension, walked out today in protest.
Later, the Speaker revoked the suspension and now the INLD legislators are free to attend the remainder of the Budget session from Friday.
In his 75-minute reply, Hooda also announced to set up two regional centres of Bhagat Phool Singh Women University, one at Lula Ahir in Rewari and one at Kanya Gurukul at Faral, Narwana in Jind.
He further announced to set up a regional centre of Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad at Nuh in district Mewat while two new medical colleges would be set up in Bhiwani and second at Central University, Mahendergarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes