Hooda asks Centre to start Shatabdi express from Chandigarh to Jaipur
Rewari: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday asked the Centre to introduce a Shatabdi express between Jaipur and Chandigarh.
Addressing a function after inaugurating the Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak railway line in the premises of Rewari station, Hooda said this line will not only connect Rewari and Rohtak, but also link the entire southern Haryana with northern parts of the state.
Union Minister of State for Railways, KJ Surya Prakash Reddy was also present at the event.
On the occasion, Hooda asked the Union government to start a Shatabdi express between Chandigarh and Jaipur.
Hooda informed the gathering that Haryana got a new railway line after a gap of 33 years and said "It was in 1979 when the state got a railway line between Bhiwani and Rohtak."
"The 81-km long Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak railway line has been constructed at a cost Rs 602 crore and half of the expense has been contributed by the state," he said.
In all, there would be five railway stations between Rewari and Rohtak and these include Gokalgarh, Palhawas, Machhrauli, Jhajjar and Dighal.
Hooda also thanked Reddy, adding that the success of this project should be credited to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Hooda informed that it was on October 7, 2007 that Sonia Gandhi had laid the foundation stone of this project.
"This new railway line would give a big boost to industry," he said.
Hooda and Reddy boarded the train and travelled from Rewari to Rohtak. Earlier, Reddy congratulated V K Gupta, General Manager, Northern Railways and his team for this rail project and announced an award of Rs three lakh for them.
Reddy said the Indian railways will further take into consideration the needs of the people of Haryana and try to expand and improve the railway infrastructure in association with the state government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know