Hooda asks Centre to start Shatabdi express from Chandigarh to Jaipur
Rewari: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday asked the Centre to introduce a Shatabdi express between Jaipur and Chandigarh.
Addressing a function after inaugurating the Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak railway line in the premises of Rewari station, Hooda said this line will not only connect Rewari and Rohtak, but also link the entire southern Haryana with northern parts of the state.
Union Minister of State for Railways, KJ Surya Prakash Reddy was also present at the event.
On the occasion, Hooda asked the Union government to start a Shatabdi express between Chandigarh and Jaipur.
Hooda informed the gathering that Haryana got a new railway line after a gap of 33 years and said "It was in 1979 when the state got a railway line between Bhiwani and Rohtak."
"The 81-km long Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak railway line has been constructed at a cost Rs 602 crore and half of the expense has been contributed by the state," he said.
In all, there would be five railway stations between Rewari and Rohtak and these include Gokalgarh, Palhawas, Machhrauli, Jhajjar and Dighal.
Hooda also thanked Reddy, adding that the success of this project should be credited to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Hooda informed that it was on October 7, 2007 that Sonia Gandhi had laid the foundation stone of this project.
"This new railway line would give a big boost to industry," he said.
Hooda and Reddy boarded the train and travelled from Rewari to Rohtak. Earlier, Reddy congratulated V K Gupta, General Manager, Northern Railways and his team for this rail project and announced an award of Rs three lakh for them.
Reddy said the Indian railways will further take into consideration the needs of the people of Haryana and try to expand and improve the railway infrastructure in association with the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way