Hooda asks Centre to start Shatabdi express from Chandigarh to Jaipur
Rewari: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday asked the Centre to introduce a Shatabdi express between Jaipur and Chandigarh.
Addressing a function after inaugurating the Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak railway line in the premises of Rewari station, Hooda said this line will not only connect Rewari and Rohtak, but also link the entire southern Haryana with northern parts of the state.
Union Minister of State for Railways, KJ Surya Prakash Reddy was also present at the event.
On the occasion, Hooda asked the Union government to start a Shatabdi express between Chandigarh and Jaipur.
Hooda informed the gathering that Haryana got a new railway line after a gap of 33 years and said "It was in 1979 when the state got a railway line between Bhiwani and Rohtak."
"The 81-km long Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak railway line has been constructed at a cost Rs 602 crore and half of the expense has been contributed by the state," he said.
In all, there would be five railway stations between Rewari and Rohtak and these include Gokalgarh, Palhawas, Machhrauli, Jhajjar and Dighal.
Hooda also thanked Reddy, adding that the success of this project should be credited to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Hooda informed that it was on October 7, 2007 that Sonia Gandhi had laid the foundation stone of this project.
"This new railway line would give a big boost to industry," he said.
Hooda and Reddy boarded the train and travelled from Rewari to Rohtak. Earlier, Reddy congratulated V K Gupta, General Manager, Northern Railways and his team for this rail project and announced an award of Rs three lakh for them.
Reddy said the Indian railways will further take into consideration the needs of the people of Haryana and try to expand and improve the railway infrastructure in association with the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court