Hooda condoles death of Indian soldier in South Sudan
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday condoled the death of Subedar Kanwar Pal Singh in a terrorist attack on a UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan.
The mortal remains of Subedar Singh were flown to India and consigned to flames on December 23 at Bhondsi village near here.
Hooda on Wednesday consoled the bereaved family and assured the martyr`s father Kanhaiya Singh Raghav that the government was with them in their hour of grief.
He announced that the Government Senior Secondary School in Bhondsi would be named after Subedar Singh.
He said the family will be given all benefits under state government policies.
He also assured Subedar Singh`s daughter Anjali that she would be provided a job according to her qualification. Anjali is a final year degree student in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
Hooda met Subedar Singh`s son Kunal and asked him to work hard to fulfil the dreams of his late father. He also consoled Subedar Singh`s mother Moorti Devi and wife Asnee Lata.
Subedar Singh, 46, and Dharmesh Sangwan, 34, were killed on December 19 while fighting terrorists in Akobo of South Sudan as members of the UN Peacekeeping Force deployed there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum