Hooda defends land acquisition policy, says it is best
Chandigarh: Strongly defending the Land
Acquisition Policy, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday said those opposing it were against development of
the state and were trying to mislead people.
"It is not only me who is saying that the state`s Land
Acquistion Policy is the best, but even the World Bank,
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and others have appreciated it.
"Unfortunately some people are not able to digest this
and are presenting wrong facts before the people and trying to
mislead them," Hooda told a press conference here.
Some individuals, leaders and political parties,
including opposition INLD, were finding faults with the new
policy, he said.
Though the policy was the best, it could be amended
by carrying out amendments in it, the Chief Minister said.
Hooda has been facing criticism over acquisition of
farmland for projects not only from the opposition but also
from some leaders of his own party including Finance Minister
Ajay Singh Yadav and Union Minister Selja who have asked him
not to acquire the fertile land for various projects.
Yadav favours reservation of 25 per cent of the land
acquired from farmers for them in the shape of commercial or
The Chief Minister said "since his government is
pro-farmer, there is always a scope for improvement and the
policy can be amended"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes