Hooda defends land acquisition policy, says it is best
Chandigarh: Strongly defending the Land
Acquisition Policy, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday said those opposing it were against development of
the state and were trying to mislead people.
"It is not only me who is saying that the state`s Land
Acquistion Policy is the best, but even the World Bank,
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and others have appreciated it.
"Unfortunately some people are not able to digest this
and are presenting wrong facts before the people and trying to
mislead them," Hooda told a press conference here.
Some individuals, leaders and political parties,
including opposition INLD, were finding faults with the new
policy, he said.
Though the policy was the best, it could be amended
by carrying out amendments in it, the Chief Minister said.
Hooda has been facing criticism over acquisition of
farmland for projects not only from the opposition but also
from some leaders of his own party including Finance Minister
Ajay Singh Yadav and Union Minister Selja who have asked him
not to acquire the fertile land for various projects.
Yadav favours reservation of 25 per cent of the land
acquired from farmers for them in the shape of commercial or
The Chief Minister said "since his government is
pro-farmer, there is always a scope for improvement and the
policy can be amended"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand