Hooda favours reservation for Jats under OBC category
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Thursday favoured reservation for Jats in central
government jobs under OBC category and said the protest was
not confined to Haryana alone.
"I personally feel they should get reservation in
central services under OBC category. In a memorandum submitted
to me last year, the Jats had made the same demand. I have
sent it to the Centre with a favourable recommendation", he
told mediapersons here.
Hooda said the agitation of Jats in Hissar district was
not confined to Haryana alone. There was a similar agitation
on in Uttar Pradesh, he said.
Asked about the four-day protest leading to disruption of
train services from Hissar to destinations in the state,
Punjab, Rajasthan and other places, he said the government is
holding consultations with the protestors to end the blockade.
He said that a year ago, he was presented with a
memorandum for providing job quota for Jats in central
government services, which was forwarded to the Prime Minster
for favourable consideration. The Prime Minister has further
forwarded it to the Backward Classes Commission, Hooda said
adding the memorandum did not contain any demand for job quota
in the state government.
In reply to a question about setting up of State Human
Rights Commission, Hooda said the committee for the same has
been constituted and the meeting of the committee is scheduled
to be held soon.
The State Human Rights Commission would soon be
constituted, he added.
He said every single drop of water should be nationalized
as it is a national property.
"This had been mine consistent stand being a Member of
Parliament and now too as the Chief Minister of the state", he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!