Hooda hits out at Centre over inflation, price rise
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday hit out at the Centre over inflation and price rise and claimed that the hopes raised by BJP before the polls have now turned into disappointment for the people.
Hooda lashed out at the BJP over the government`s increase in railway fares, and prices of diesel and sugar.
The prices of vegetables, onions, tomatoes, potatoes were going up day by day, Hooda said, claiming further that the price of LPG would also be increased after the assembly polls in Haryana.
BJP government at the Center has increased inflation, contrary to its pre-poll promise of containing it, and the hopes of people from the Modi government have turned into disappointment, he said.
The chief minister was addressing a gathering after inaugurating the Gurgaon assembly youth Congress office here late yesterday evening.
He alleged that during Lok Sabha elections, atmosphere was created in favour of one person, as if he would come with a magic wand and remove corruption, contain inflation, reduce prices of commodities and solve all other problems of the people.
They got swayed away with these promises which have now turned hollow and people feel cheated, Hooda said.
Hooda also claimed that he was confident of Congress forming the government for the third time in Haryana.
Earlier, the President of Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC), Ashok Tanwar said the presence of people in large number at the event, proves that Congress was going to contest assembly elections with more strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how