Hooda hits out at Centre over inflation, price rise
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday hit out at the Centre over inflation and price rise and claimed that the hopes raised by BJP before the polls have now turned into disappointment for the people.
Hooda lashed out at the BJP over the government`s increase in railway fares, and prices of diesel and sugar.
The prices of vegetables, onions, tomatoes, potatoes were going up day by day, Hooda said, claiming further that the price of LPG would also be increased after the assembly polls in Haryana.
BJP government at the Center has increased inflation, contrary to its pre-poll promise of containing it, and the hopes of people from the Modi government have turned into disappointment, he said.
The chief minister was addressing a gathering after inaugurating the Gurgaon assembly youth Congress office here late yesterday evening.
He alleged that during Lok Sabha elections, atmosphere was created in favour of one person, as if he would come with a magic wand and remove corruption, contain inflation, reduce prices of commodities and solve all other problems of the people.
They got swayed away with these promises which have now turned hollow and people feel cheated, Hooda said.
Hooda also claimed that he was confident of Congress forming the government for the third time in Haryana.
Earlier, the President of Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC), Ashok Tanwar said the presence of people in large number at the event, proves that Congress was going to contest assembly elections with more strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?