Hooda implicated me to grab power in Haryana: Ajay Chautala
New Delhi: Haryana legislator Ajay Chautala, facing trial in decade-old teachers` recruitment scam, has alleged in a Delhi court that state Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had implicated him and his family members in the case to grab power in the state.
Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) leader Ajay Chautala said it during recording of his testimony in the court of Special CBI Judge Vinod Kumar.
The son of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala added even the witnesses gave false evidence against him at the behest of Haryana CM Hooda and Congress-led UPA government in the Centre.
"The state Congress Party of Haryana, headed by Bhupinder Singh Hooda, in order to grab power in Haryana started unleashing false propaganda against the erstwhile INLD government and against me and my family members," Chautala deposed, adding that the Indian National Congress is the main political rival of INLD in Haryana.
The father-son duo along with others are facing trial under various provisions of the IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act for their alleged roles in illegal appointments of 3,206 junior basic teachers (JBT) in the state during 1999-2000.
Chautala also said his name and those of his family members have been "unnecessarily" dragged in the case to malign them and tarnish their political image. He added most of the witnesses in the case have deposed against them as they are government employees.
"Most of the witnesses examined in the case are either the Haryana government employees or IAS officers in the cadre of Haryana. At the time of their examinations in the court, the government of Haryana was headed by Bhupinder Singh Hooda and the Central government by Manmohan Singh. Both the governments have been formed by Indian National Congress Party.
"The witnesses have given false evidence in this case at the behest of State/Central government and also under the pressure of the CBI," he said in his 49-page statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof