Hooda implicated me to grab power in Haryana: Ajay Chautala
New Delhi: Haryana legislator Ajay Chautala, facing trial in decade-old teachers` recruitment scam, has alleged in a Delhi court that state Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had implicated him and his family members in the case to grab power in the state.
Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) leader Ajay Chautala said it during recording of his testimony in the court of Special CBI Judge Vinod Kumar.
The son of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala added even the witnesses gave false evidence against him at the behest of Haryana CM Hooda and Congress-led UPA government in the Centre.
"The state Congress Party of Haryana, headed by Bhupinder Singh Hooda, in order to grab power in Haryana started unleashing false propaganda against the erstwhile INLD government and against me and my family members," Chautala deposed, adding that the Indian National Congress is the main political rival of INLD in Haryana.
The father-son duo along with others are facing trial under various provisions of the IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act for their alleged roles in illegal appointments of 3,206 junior basic teachers (JBT) in the state during 1999-2000.
Chautala also said his name and those of his family members have been "unnecessarily" dragged in the case to malign them and tarnish their political image. He added most of the witnesses in the case have deposed against them as they are government employees.
"Most of the witnesses examined in the case are either the Haryana government employees or IAS officers in the cadre of Haryana. At the time of their examinations in the court, the government of Haryana was headed by Bhupinder Singh Hooda and the Central government by Manmohan Singh. Both the governments have been formed by Indian National Congress Party.
"The witnesses have given false evidence in this case at the behest of State/Central government and also under the pressure of the CBI," he said in his 49-page statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place