Hooda inaugurates railway halt at Lakhanmajra
Chandigarh: Fulfilling a long pending demand of the people of Lakhanmajra area in Rohtak district, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday inaugurated a Railway Halt and a Government Women`s College there.
Three Delhi-bound trains and three trains to Jind, Firozpur and Jakhal will stop at the halt at Lakhanmajra, where Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur had stayed for 13 days.
The Chief Minister also boarded a train to join the happy villagers, who had gathered to witness the fulfillment of their demand pending for the last 30 years, an official release said here.
Speaking on the occasion, General Manager of Northern Railways VK Gupta said the foundation of Rohtak-Meham-Hansi rail track would be laid in two months.
He said that Rohtak-Rewari rail track will be inaugurated soon. Similarly, the electrification of Shakurbasti-Rohtak section has been completed and EMUs would start running soon, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH