Hooda inaugurates railway halt at Lakhanmajra
Chandigarh: Fulfilling a long pending demand of the people of Lakhanmajra area in Rohtak district, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday inaugurated a Railway Halt and a Government Women`s College there.
Three Delhi-bound trains and three trains to Jind, Firozpur and Jakhal will stop at the halt at Lakhanmajra, where Sikh Guru Tegh Bahadur had stayed for 13 days.
The Chief Minister also boarded a train to join the happy villagers, who had gathered to witness the fulfillment of their demand pending for the last 30 years, an official release said here.
Speaking on the occasion, General Manager of Northern Railways VK Gupta said the foundation of Rohtak-Meham-Hansi rail track would be laid in two months.
He said that Rohtak-Rewari rail track will be inaugurated soon. Similarly, the electrification of Shakurbasti-Rohtak section has been completed and EMUs would start running soon, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon