Hooda launches cash transfer scheme for students
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday launched Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme in Haryana to enable students attend special coaching for higher studies.
This is the first time in the country that beneficiaries under this scheme have been paid using the Aadhaar payment bridge system.
Launching the scheme of the Union Labour and Employment Ministry, Hooda handed over Rs 500 as scholarship to each of the two beneficiaries who belonged to Hisar.
The students were able to withdraw their scholarship amount through Aadhaar enabled Micro-ATMs just by providing their Aadhaar numbers and using their fingerprints.
Hooda also laid the foundation of Unique Identification Authority of India`s (UIDAI) data centre at Manesar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!