Hooda launches cash transfer scheme for students
Gurgaon: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Monday launched Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme in Haryana to enable students attend special coaching for higher studies.
This is the first time in the country that beneficiaries under this scheme have been paid using the Aadhaar payment bridge system.
Launching the scheme of the Union Labour and Employment Ministry, Hooda handed over Rs 500 as scholarship to each of the two beneficiaries who belonged to Hisar.
The students were able to withdraw their scholarship amount through Aadhaar enabled Micro-ATMs just by providing their Aadhaar numbers and using their fingerprints.
Hooda also laid the foundation of Unique Identification Authority of India`s (UIDAI) data centre at Manesar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’