Hooda ministry expansion postponed
Chandigarh: The expansion of the Bhupinder
Singh Hooda-led ministry in Haryana, which was scheduled for
tomorrow, was postponed reportedly due to differences over
whom to induct.
An official spokesman told agency here tonight that the
expansion of the ministry tomorrow has been postponed and it
is expected to take place on Saturday.
Earlier in the day, the expansion of the one-man ministry
comprising Hooda had been officially announced.
The spokesman did not specify the reason for the
postponement but Congress sources said it was necessitated as
talks within the party as also with the Independent MLAs, who
supported the party-led government were inconclusive.
Hooda and other senior leaders of the party, including
Randeep Surjewala and Kiran Choudhary, both of whom are
aspirants to the ministry, are camping in Delhi.
Besides, negotiations are on with Kuldeep Bishnoi led
Haryana Janhit Congress, which has six MLAs, in Delhi where
the Chief Minister is camping.
Since Congress failed to get a majority on its own having
won only 40 seats in the 90-member state assembly, Hooda,
with the support of seven Independents, had won the vote of
confidence in the state assembly last week.
Opposition INLD has 30 members, BJP four and one member
belongs to Shiromani Akali Dal besides the six of HJC.
Ellenabad seat is vacant following the resignation of INLD
Chief Om Parkash Chautala who chose to retain his Uchana Kala
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!