Hooda plays safe after garland episode,refuses gifts at rally
Panipat: Apparently playing it safe after
his UP counterpart Mayawati was criticised for accepting
garlands of currency notes, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda refused a silver chair, crowns and other expensive
gifts presented to him at a public meeting here.
Hooda, who looked distinctly uncomfortable, refused to
sit on a silver chair on the dais despite the repeated
pleadings of his party men at Samalkha yesterday.
The Chief Minister who was presented a silver chair,
mace, dozens of silver crowns and other ornaments has donated
all these gifts to the local temple of Samalkha, Hooda`s
Political Advisor Virender announced at the public meeting.
Maaywati had drawn flak from Congress, BJP and other
parties for accepting garlands of currency notes at a BSP
rally in Lucknow and again at a party meeting.
Addressing the gathering, Hooda said a plethora of new
schemes would also be launched to benefit the masses.
"The Congress party has always worked for the welfare
of people belonging to all sections of society and large
number of schemes and programmes were launched in the first
term," said Hooda.
Hooda also took a dig at the INLD, saying the planned
budget of the then INLD government was merely about Rs 2200
crore and "even the same was not spent for the development".
"The Congress government had allocated about Rs.11,000
crore for budget in the forthcoming financial year 2010-11,"
he said. He assured the people that power shortage problem
would also become a thing of the past once the new power
plants start functioning.
HPCC President Phool Chand Mullana, local MP Arvind
Sharma and other leaders also addressed the rally.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged