Hooda puts Haryana ahead of Modi`s Gujarat
Chandigarh: Putting Haryana ahead of Gujarat in terms of development, Chief Minister Bhoopinder Singh Hooda on Monday said his government has performed far better than that in the Western state on a host of progress parameters.
"I have compared about 50 parameters in which Haryana is far ahead of Gujarat. Be it per capita income, per capita investment, per capita plan budget, old age pension, widow pension, scholarships to children of Scheduled Castes etc, we have performed better," Hooda said after a cabinet meeting.
Hooda said that during the 11th Five Year Plan, Haryana had a planned budget of Rs 35,000 crore for resource mobilisation but it achieved more than 192 per cent of the target against Gujarat, which could not even achieve its target and realised only 96.5 per cent.
Haryana has also bagged the Krishi Karman Award for the second consecutive time, which will be presented by President Pranab Mukherjee in Delhi on January 15, he said.
The Chief Minister asserted that his government will focus on creating more employment opportunities and housing facilities for each and every family in the coming year.
Asked about the sugarcane prices in Haryana, Hooda said the prices in the state are higher than that in Punjab.
"The government has been making concerted efforts to ensure that farmers do not not suffer any loss," the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad