Hooda puts Haryana ahead of Modi`s Gujarat
Chandigarh: Putting Haryana ahead of Gujarat in terms of development, Chief Minister Bhoopinder Singh Hooda on Monday said his government has performed far better than that in the Western state on a host of progress parameters.
"I have compared about 50 parameters in which Haryana is far ahead of Gujarat. Be it per capita income, per capita investment, per capita plan budget, old age pension, widow pension, scholarships to children of Scheduled Castes etc, we have performed better," Hooda said after a cabinet meeting.
Hooda said that during the 11th Five Year Plan, Haryana had a planned budget of Rs 35,000 crore for resource mobilisation but it achieved more than 192 per cent of the target against Gujarat, which could not even achieve its target and realised only 96.5 per cent.
Haryana has also bagged the Krishi Karman Award for the second consecutive time, which will be presented by President Pranab Mukherjee in Delhi on January 15, he said.
The Chief Minister asserted that his government will focus on creating more employment opportunities and housing facilities for each and every family in the coming year.
Asked about the sugarcane prices in Haryana, Hooda said the prices in the state are higher than that in Punjab.
"The government has been making concerted efforts to ensure that farmers do not not suffer any loss," the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA