Hooda puts Haryana ahead of Modi`s Gujarat
Chandigarh: Putting Haryana ahead of Gujarat in terms of development, Chief Minister Bhoopinder Singh Hooda on Monday said his government has performed far better than that in the Western state on a host of progress parameters.
"I have compared about 50 parameters in which Haryana is far ahead of Gujarat. Be it per capita income, per capita investment, per capita plan budget, old age pension, widow pension, scholarships to children of Scheduled Castes etc, we have performed better," Hooda said after a cabinet meeting.
Hooda said that during the 11th Five Year Plan, Haryana had a planned budget of Rs 35,000 crore for resource mobilisation but it achieved more than 192 per cent of the target against Gujarat, which could not even achieve its target and realised only 96.5 per cent.
Haryana has also bagged the Krishi Karman Award for the second consecutive time, which will be presented by President Pranab Mukherjee in Delhi on January 15, he said.
The Chief Minister asserted that his government will focus on creating more employment opportunities and housing facilities for each and every family in the coming year.
Asked about the sugarcane prices in Haryana, Hooda said the prices in the state are higher than that in Punjab.
"The government has been making concerted efforts to ensure that farmers do not not suffer any loss," the Chief Minister added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!