Hooda puts Haryana ahead of Modi`s Gujarat
Chandigarh: Putting Haryana ahead of Gujarat in terms of development, Chief Minister Bhoopinder Singh Hooda on Monday said his government has performed far better than that in the Western state on a host of progress parameters.
"I have compared about 50 parameters in which Haryana is far ahead of Gujarat. Be it per capita income, per capita investment, per capita plan budget, old age pension, widow pension, scholarships to children of Scheduled Castes etc, we have performed better," Hooda said after a cabinet meeting.
Hooda said that during the 11th Five Year Plan, Haryana had a planned budget of Rs 35,000 crore for resource mobilisation but it achieved more than 192 per cent of the target against Gujarat, which could not even achieve its target and realised only 96.5 per cent.
Haryana has also bagged the Krishi Karman Award for the second consecutive time, which will be presented by President Pranab Mukherjee in Delhi on January 15, he said.
The Chief Minister asserted that his government will focus on creating more employment opportunities and housing facilities for each and every family in the coming year.
Asked about the sugarcane prices in Haryana, Hooda said the prices in the state are higher than that in Punjab.
"The government has been making concerted efforts to ensure that farmers do not not suffer any loss," the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30