Hooda seeks bonus for wheat farmers
Hisar: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said he has requested the Centre to give a bonus of Rs 200 per quintal to farmers on wheat procurement.
The Chief Minister said here that a written communication in this regard has been sent to the Union government.
On women`s safety, Hooda said his government is serious on the issue of crime against women and it will be made sure that FIR in such cases is registered without any delay.
In addition, the government has constituted women PCR teams and set up separate police stations for women, besides appointing a woman DSP in every district, he said.
He informed that the state government will bear half of the expenditure on laying of the Mewat, Agroha-Fatehabad and Yamunanagar railway lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption