Hooda slams Chautala after row over Vadra land dea
Panchkula: Against the backdrop of controversy over Robert Vadra`s land deals, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Friday said the Change of Land Use (CLU) was allowed even in small towns like Narwana for development works and everything was done as per the rules.
Rather, the previous Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) government had only focused on Gurgaon, he said answering reporters` queries on the statement made by opposition leader Om Prakash Chautala that the CLU was issued for land measuring about 21,000 acres during the Hooda regime.
The chief minister said everyone knows against whom cases were pending in various courts in the country.
Haryana government had given a clean chit last week to Vadra in the controversial land deals after an official probe concluded there was no "undervaluation" or loss of revenue to the government.
"The Deputy Commissioners of four districts of Haryana namely Gurgaon, Faridabad, Palwal and Mewat have inspected all documents registered in their respective districts from January 1, 2005 till date by or on behalf of Mr Robert Vadra or his companies in the capacity of either vendor or vendee and have certified that no deed has been found registered as undervalued," an official release had stated.
To a question on providing security to senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka, he said he had already directed the Chief Secretary and the Director General of Police to provide protection to him.
Khemka, who is in the news following the recent controversy over land deals involving Vadra, has received two threat calls within a fortnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!