Hooda slams political opponents for `disinformation campaign`
Sonepat: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday criticised his political opponents for allegedly indulging in disinformation campaign and challenged his opponents to debate the issue of development on the floor of the Assembly.
Hooda said he has no time for political vendetta, but was concerned about development of the state.
Speaking at a function after laying the foundation stone of several developmental projects including a Government College, at Pipli near Kharkhoda in the district, the Chief Minister said, "People are aware of the disinformation campaign of the opposition and they also knew it well that I have set my aim to serve the masses."
Targeting main opposition INLD, whose leaders have stepped up attack on Hooda recently after their supremo Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala were among those jailed in a teachers recruitment scam, Hooda said the CBI had initiated the investigation in the case concerning the former Chief Minister in 2003.
"Had I ever thought of sending Chautala to jail, I would have not waited for eight years. All this is a lie and in case they intend to compete, they (INLD) should do it on development," Hooda said in an apparent response to some INLD leaders including senior leader Abhay Chautala alleging that the CBI was working at the behest of the Congress government at the Centre to target the political opponents.
Hooda also challenged the INLD to debate on the issue of development in the State Assembly, adding that he was fully prepared for it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know