Hooda takes a dig at opposition over corruption issue
Chandigarh: Taking a dig at the opposition, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday said the parties, during whose tenure "corruption was rampant", were now talking about eradicating it.
"They are simply misleading the people for whose welfare they did practically nothing," he said, addressing a meeting of Congress workers from 12 districts here today.
Hooda urged party workers to make the `Shakti Rally`, to be held at Gohana in Sonipat district on November 10, a resounding success.
"Some big decisions for the welfare of the people would be announced at the rally," he said.
Referring to Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) chief Kuldeep Bishnoi`s `Rath Yatra`, Hooda alleged he was spreading false propaganda that he would eradicate corruption if he came to power.
"I am not in the habit of criticising others, but people of the state know well who is the mother of corruption," Hooda said, daring the opposition parties for an open debate on the issue of development.
Launching a scathing attack on the main opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) for allegedly trying to take political mileage on the issue of farmers, Hooda challenged the party to list a single step they had taken in the interest of farmers.
Ridiculing INLD`s claim that he (Hooda) and his party were responsible for the conviction of former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala in the JBT teacher recruitment scam, Hooda said if he had any such intention he could have done it eight years ago.
"When the case was registered in connection with the JBT scam on the directions of the Supreme Court in 2003, Chautala was the Chief Minister," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country