Hooda to make `all efforts` for central govt jobs
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has assured members of the Jat community that he will make "all efforts" to secure reservation for them in central government jobs.
This assurance was given by Hooda to a delegation of All India Jat Aarakshan Sanghrash Samiti, when they called on him to thank him for giving 10 per cent reservation to Jats in the state, Samiti spokesperson said here today.
The delegation was led by Bhagat Singh Dalal, National President of the Samiti.
The Samiti spokesperson claimed that, Hooda said he had done his duty by giving them reservation.
About reservation at the Centre, Hooda said he would make all possible efforts for it, the spokesperson said.
Jats have been demanding inclusion of their caste in the Other Backward Classes quota, which the Haryana government had recently notified along with other castes including Rors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says