Hooda to make `all efforts` for central govt jobs
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has assured members of the Jat community that he will make "all efforts" to secure reservation for them in central government jobs.
This assurance was given by Hooda to a delegation of All India Jat Aarakshan Sanghrash Samiti, when they called on him to thank him for giving 10 per cent reservation to Jats in the state, Samiti spokesperson said here today.
The delegation was led by Bhagat Singh Dalal, National President of the Samiti.
The Samiti spokesperson claimed that, Hooda said he had done his duty by giving them reservation.
About reservation at the Centre, Hooda said he would make all possible efforts for it, the spokesperson said.
Jats have been demanding inclusion of their caste in the Other Backward Classes quota, which the Haryana government had recently notified along with other castes including Rors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players