Hooda to make `all efforts` for central govt jobs
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has assured members of the Jat community that he will make "all efforts" to secure reservation for them in central government jobs.
This assurance was given by Hooda to a delegation of All India Jat Aarakshan Sanghrash Samiti, when they called on him to thank him for giving 10 per cent reservation to Jats in the state, Samiti spokesperson said here today.
The delegation was led by Bhagat Singh Dalal, National President of the Samiti.
The Samiti spokesperson claimed that, Hooda said he had done his duty by giving them reservation.
About reservation at the Centre, Hooda said he would make all possible efforts for it, the spokesperson said.
Jats have been demanding inclusion of their caste in the Other Backward Classes quota, which the Haryana government had recently notified along with other castes including Rors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery