Hooda to meet agitating farmers of Ambala villages
Ambala: The Haryana Government has decided
to meet agitating farmers of Panjokhra and five other villages
who have been sitting on a chain fast to protest acquisition
of their land for setting up of a township there, an official
said here on Sunday.
The former Ambala Cantt MLA Nirmal Singh will take a
delegation of agitating farmers with him tomorrow for a
meeting with the Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in
Chandigarh, the secretary of `Jameen Bachao Sangharsh Samiti`,
Bhupinder Singh said.
The Sanghrash Samiti has finalised a delegation of its
14 members, who will be meeting Hooda.
The decision came two days after the Haryana
Government put on hold the land acquisitions in the state,
except in case of essential infrastructure projects, in view
of the likely introduction of the Land Acquisition Bill in the
forthcoming session of the Parliament.
Union Minister and Congress MP from Ambala, Selja had
been opposing the acquisition of the 1852 acres of "fertile
land" for setting up an Industrial Model Township (IMT) in
those villages and she had in December last year also written
a letter to the Chief Minister in this regard.
Haryana Youth Congress was also openly opposing this
move and its senior leaders including its President
Chiranjeevi Rao had joined the chain fast along with the
Recently, the Allahabad High Court struck down
acquisition of hundreds of hectares of land in villages in
Greater Noida - dubbed as Noida Extension by builders -
leading to uncertainty over the fate of several residential
projects in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday