Hooda urges Jats to exercise restraint
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Friday urged Jat agitators to exercise restraint
and cremate the body of the youth, who was killed in alleged
police firing this week in Hisar district.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the assembly
session which concluded here, he said Parliamentary Affairs
Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala has already apprised the
House with the entire situation concerning the ongoing
He said that the Committee of Khap Panchayats had agreed
to wait for the report of Backward Classes Commission set up
by the state government.
Hooda said there was no justification to launch an
agitation before the submission of the report by the
On the ruckus witnessed in the House today over the Jat
agitation, he said the role of the Opposition was not
"Their approach was not positive."
Surjewala said that only INLD leaders and workers were on
sitting on the railway tracks. He said if INLD leaders stop
adding fuel to the fire and giving air to the agitation and
withdraw their office bearers from the agitation, that would
be of help.
In reply to another question, Surjewala said that about
half-a-dozen agitators who were associated with INLD had been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP