Hooda urges Jats to exercise restraint
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Friday urged Jat agitators to exercise restraint
and cremate the body of the youth, who was killed in alleged
police firing this week in Hisar district.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the assembly
session which concluded here, he said Parliamentary Affairs
Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala has already apprised the
House with the entire situation concerning the ongoing
He said that the Committee of Khap Panchayats had agreed
to wait for the report of Backward Classes Commission set up
by the state government.
Hooda said there was no justification to launch an
agitation before the submission of the report by the
On the ruckus witnessed in the House today over the Jat
agitation, he said the role of the Opposition was not
"Their approach was not positive."
Surjewala said that only INLD leaders and workers were on
sitting on the railway tracks. He said if INLD leaders stop
adding fuel to the fire and giving air to the agitation and
withdraw their office bearers from the agitation, that would
be of help.
In reply to another question, Surjewala said that about
half-a-dozen agitators who were associated with INLD had been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in