Hooda warns strict action against encroachers
Chandigarh: The Haryana government Friday warned stringent action against those who encroached upon government land and indulged in unauthorised constructions.
In a meeting of urban local bodies department here, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda directed the municipal commissioners to remain vigilant and ensure no unauthorised construction took place in their respective areas.
Hooda laid thrust on beautification of town and city areas of the state.
He also asked the state officials to complete the survey work under the Rajiv Awas Yojana at the earliest.
Hooda was informed that Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation had approved to cover three towns of the state - Faridabad, Gurgaon and Panipat - under Rajiv Awas Yojana, an official spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre