Hospital shooting: Son dies, key accused arrested
Gurgaon: A day after over seven persons brazenly opened fire in an ICU of a private hospital here, one of the injured persons on Wednesday succumbed to his injuries while his father was battling for life, even as police on Wednesday claimed to have arrested the key accused.
The father-son duo, Satveer and Joginger, were seriously injured in the attack yesterday, allegedly over a property related dispute.
They were later shifted to Medanta Medicity hospital after the attack inside Sunrise hospital yesterday.
Joginder succumbed to his injuries this morning while his father, who has now been shifted to a government hospital in Delhi, remains to be in critical condition, hospital sources said.
Meanwhile, Gurgaon police have arrested the main accused Manoj alias Aalu.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime), Gurgaon, Maheshwer Dayal, Manoj had fired shots at the duo inside Sunrise hospital yesterday.
"Manoj was arrested from Gurgaon last night when he was trying to escape while his other accomplices managed to flee," Dayal said.
The police have identified seven accused and would soon arrest rest of them, the officer claimed.
Last evening, over seven persons had attacked the father-son duo in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the private hospital in the satellite town.
"Both the parties had fought outside Gurgaon court yesterday after a hearing, and the father-son duo were admitted to the hospital after receiving minor injuries," the DCP said.
According to eyewitnesses, the men, numbered around seven-eight, barged into the Sunrise hospital at around 5 PM and shot at the duo.
A guard at the hospital said, "the men were armed and I fled soon after hearing five gun shots."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy