Hotel manager beaten to death in Ambala
Ambala: A manager of a hotel here was allegedly beaten to death on its premises by some of the customers during a scuffle over some issue, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last night when the manager, identified as Amar Verma got engaged in a verbal duel with six customers, who came to the hotel for having dinner, they said.
Later, Verma was severely beaten up by them following which he was rushed to civil hospital where the doctors referred him to PGI Chandigarh.
The victim, however, succumbed to his injuries late last night in PGI.
On the complaint of the other hotel officials, a case has been registered against the accused, police said, adding that further probes are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre