House Committee to decide on Chautala trusts
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Wednesday said that a House Committee will suggest
steps to be taken on the CBI recommendation asking the state
government to take action against the trusts and societies
under the control of former Chief Minister Om Parkash
Chautala`s family for alleged violations of norms.
During discussions on corruption issue and a calling
attention motion in the Haryana Assembly, Hooda favoured
government takeover of these organisations to ensure
fulfillment of the purpose for which they has been formed.
After Congress MLA Raghuvir Singh Kadian suggested
constitution of a House Committee on the issue, Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala on behalf of the
Chief Minister said that the government has no objection to
"The report of the Committee may be given in 30-40
days and I will assure the House that the government will
implement (Committee`s recommendations) in letter and spirit,"
Surjewala told the House.
The INLD members were not present in the House during
the discussion on corruption as they had been suspended for
the rest of the session after they disrupted proceedings on
the Jan Lokpal Bill issue.
While supporting the suggestion, BJP MLA Krishan Pal
Gujjar said that the House Committee should take up cases of
all Trusts amd Societies and added that people facing charges
of corruption should not be members of the Committee.
Kadian also said that Chautala, his sons Ajay Chautala
and Abhay Chautala should resign as members of Legislative
Assembly of Haryana in view of the charges against them.
Congress legislator Sampat Singh also supported the
Hooda,said that "the CBI has categorically recommended in
a report that in view of the violations of the conditions for
the purpose of Trusts and Societies, Haryana Government may
take appropriate action against Trusts and Societies, which
are under the control of the Chautala family for violation of
Hooda said that investigation has established that
Devilal Memorial Trust and Devilal Memorial Society are the
trusts of Chautala family, the affairs of which are solely
controlled by Chautala family in general and Abhay Singh
Chautala in particular.
He said therefore, the Government should take initiative
to take over the control of the Trust and Society to ensure
fulfilment of the purpose for which they has been formed.
He said that it is also revealed that Jan Sewa Trust was
allotted prime land in Wazirpur, New Delhi and Udyog Vihar,
Gurgaon for establishing printing press.
"However, huge buildings have been constructed misusing
the purpose of allotment of land and rental income is being
generated for the properties.... No printing press, as such,
is located at both the locations and the trust is bringing out
a news paper called Jan Sandesh on job work basis," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'