HSGPC meeting postponed till Thursday
Kaithal: The first meeting of the Haryana Sikh Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (HSGPC) which was scheduled to be held in Manji Sahib Gurudrwara here was postponed till July 31.
HSGPC general secretary Joga Singh told reporters today that the meeting had been postponed owing to the death of a nephew of senior vice president of HSGPC Didar Singh Nalvi.
However, HSGPC president Jagdish Singh Jhinda, and executive committee members Sant Gurmit Singh, Avtar Singh Chakku and Majit Singh besides Joga Singh arrived at the meeting site.
Members of the 41-member ad hoc committee Sarjit Singh and Apaar Singh were also present in the gurudwara despite the meeting having been postponed.
Joga Singh said HSGPC would soon write to the Union Home Ministry, urging it to earmark a separate quota for Sikh pligrims from Haryana for visit to the gurudwaras in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire