HSGPC meeting postponed till Thursday
Kaithal: The first meeting of the Haryana Sikh Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (HSGPC) which was scheduled to be held in Manji Sahib Gurudrwara here was postponed till July 31.
HSGPC general secretary Joga Singh told reporters today that the meeting had been postponed owing to the death of a nephew of senior vice president of HSGPC Didar Singh Nalvi.
However, HSGPC president Jagdish Singh Jhinda, and executive committee members Sant Gurmit Singh, Avtar Singh Chakku and Majit Singh besides Joga Singh arrived at the meeting site.
Members of the 41-member ad hoc committee Sarjit Singh and Apaar Singh were also present in the gurudwara despite the meeting having been postponed.
Joga Singh said HSGPC would soon write to the Union Home Ministry, urging it to earmark a separate quota for Sikh pligrims from Haryana for visit to the gurudwaras in Pakistan.
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state