HSGPC meeting postponed till Thursday
Kaithal: The first meeting of the Haryana Sikh Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (HSGPC) which was scheduled to be held in Manji Sahib Gurudrwara here was postponed till July 31.
HSGPC general secretary Joga Singh told reporters today that the meeting had been postponed owing to the death of a nephew of senior vice president of HSGPC Didar Singh Nalvi.
However, HSGPC president Jagdish Singh Jhinda, and executive committee members Sant Gurmit Singh, Avtar Singh Chakku and Majit Singh besides Joga Singh arrived at the meeting site.
Members of the 41-member ad hoc committee Sarjit Singh and Apaar Singh were also present in the gurudwara despite the meeting having been postponed.
Joga Singh said HSGPC would soon write to the Union Home Ministry, urging it to earmark a separate quota for Sikh pligrims from Haryana for visit to the gurudwaras in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof